Novation RMT SL MKIII 61 keys Controller Keyboard
SL MkIII is far from your typical keyboard controller. It’s an all-sequencing, all-dancing hub for all of your music making tools. A centrepiece to connect, control and create with your entire setup. Computer or not.
Create quickly and easily with your hardware. Build your tracks in the eight-track polyphonic sequencer: everything in time; everything in key; every control at your fingertips.
Available in 49 and 61 key versions.
Get to work with your favourite hardware with all the benefits of a DAW at your fingertips; no need to look at a computer screen. Pull your DAW out of the box and combine with your hardware synths – connecting everything through SL MkIII. Then easily control everything with highly customisable mappings for your hardware and software. Or create your own in the software editor. Find out how:
Internal eight-track pattern-based sequencer
Input notes step-by-step, or record as you go; you can play and edit your sequences directly from the keyboard. Then record parameter automation straight onto the sequencer, bringing your productions to life. You can choose an arp type, set a sync rate, tweak note and pattern lengths, and use the pads to design your rhythms in real time.
It’s the feel
SL MkIII boasts our finest and most playable synth-style semi-weighted keybed, with a sprung action tuned to the needs of the experienced player. It’s got aftertouch too, assignable to anything. Its exceptionally high scan rate of 10 kHz gives the keys a super dynamic feel for expressive performances. And you can see scales, modes and zones instantly with vibrant on-key RGB LED feedback.
SL MkIII’s velocity-sensitive RGB pads have multiple functions too: they can be used for launching clips, as steps in the sequencer, for finger drumming, and have polyphonic aftertouch.
Keys for Live
We’ve worked with Ableton to create an unprecedented integration with Live. SL MkIII truly pulls your sessions out of the box. The full colour LCD screens give you full visibility of your parameters, while the pads, buttons, eight faders and eight knobs get you hands-on with your music – and in any major music software, using InControl.
Keys to the DAWs
Deep integrations with Logic and Reason – plus HUI compatibility with Cubase, Pro Tools, Studio One and Reaper – mean SL MkIII can open up any DAW.
Product Hardware Specifications
- 49 or 61 note velocity sensitive, individually sprung, synth style, semi-weighted keyboard
- 16 full-colour RGB backlit velocity sensitive drum pads
- 2 Page and 2 scene launch buttons
- 8 continuous rotary knobs
- 8 sliders
- 6 dedicated transport controls
- RGB backlit pitch bend and modulation wheels
- 2 octave / transpose buttons
- 2 Track buttons
- 5x RGB TFT LCD screens
- 59 Backlit buttons with tact switches
- 49 or 61 keybed RGB LEDs
- 16 Assignable buttons x 2 pages (32 assignable buttons)
- Assignable grid x 2 pages | (32 assignable pads)
- Backlit RGB Mode switching buttons including InControl
Rear Panel & Connectors
- Power switch
- DC power socket
- USB B 2.0
- MIDI IN, OUT, OUT2 / THRU – 3x 5-pin DIN sockets
- Sustain and Expression pedal 1/4″ TRS jack inputs
- Footswitch pedal 1/4″ TS jack input
- CV, Gate, Modulation -1- on 3.5mm jack sockets
- CV, Gate, Modulation -2- on 3.5mm jack sockets
- Clock out
- Kensington security slot
- 64 Sessions
- 8 Tracks per session
- 8 Patterns per track (16 steps per Pattern for a total of 128 steps per track)
- Real time record (notes, with velocity and automation)
- Auto-quantise notes to steps and automation to 6 events per step
- All assignable controls can be automated (8 maximum automation lanes)
- Internal tempo range 40 – 240
- Swing 20 – 80%
Real Time Performance
- 16 Scale types and chromatic transposition
- Split the keys into 8 playable zones
- Pattern expand view – flip the grid
- Pattern start and end, direction incl. random
- Configurable pattern chain
- Session instant switching and queued switch
- Velocity and gate per step
- Multiple gate lengths per step (via real time record)
- Automation edit per step
- Clear step, automation parameter per pattern, pattern, session
- Duplicate step, pattern
- Ableton Live Lite included
- 4 GB of Loopmasters sounds and samples
Maximum power consumption 12v 1000mA
- 49SL MkIII: <817mm length x 300mm depth x 100mm height>
- 61SL MkIII: <981mm length x 300mm depth x 100mm height>